Sign in to follow this  
Alastor

3.x rules

D&D 3.X? If D&D then why not 5e? I don't play either but do run HARP (High Adventure Role Playing). I hope I am able to convert/build these dragons in HARP.

2 hours ago, Madmaxneo said:

D&D 3.X? If D&D then why not 5e? I don't play either but do run HARP (High Adventure Role Playing). I hope I am able to convert/build these dragons in HARP.

We are doing the 5e edition ones and 9th age for the wargaming crowd. The issue with the 3.x is that they requiere a lot more playtesting for balance reasons. and yes they will be easily convertible to HARP, the epic encounters can be adapted easily actualy 

28 minutes ago, Alastor said:

We are doing the 5e edition ones and 9th age for the wargaming crowd. The issue with the 3.x is that they requiere a lot more playtesting for balance reasons. and yes they will be easily convertible to HARP, the epic encounters can be adapted easily actualy 

Ah, I thought there was some kind of change I didn't know about. Thanks for the clarification.

"Easily convertible" to HARP are strong words. The system has a specific way of creating creatures which is essentially the same as generating characters and raising them through their levels until you reach the desired output. The upcoming revised creatures book will have what I need to build these dragons, but there is no telling when the book will be released. Dragons in HARP are a bit more deadlier than something you may encounter in 5e or any other edition of D&D. Regardless, I really look forward to getting the info and using it in my games. 

So first question for designing this monsters. 
Which kind of 3.x dragons do you like? I normally preffer  Xorvintaal dragons for 3.x rather than the classic ones because I feel that as presented on the MM it tend to be played more as a sorcerer that happens to be a dragon than a true dragon. An exception will be Kuxcoatl and Nixis but in general i would like to know your opinion

On 4/12/2019 at 3:47 PM, Alastor said:

So first question for designing this monsters. 
Which kind of 3.x dragons do you like? I normally preffer  Xorvintaal dragons for 3.x rather than the classic ones because I feel that as presented on the MM it tend to be played more as a sorcerer that happens to be a dragon than a true dragon. An exception will be Kuxcoatl and Nixis but in general i would like to know your opinion

I agree 100% with that

23 hours ago, Bosque said:

I agree 100% with that

Currently they are at standar 3.x style because the Xorvintal dragons are a little more time consuming but i will do the update in time so you can have both options, our dragons have the aspect mechanics that are very magic heavy.