Ruben

Time to show off your Dragons.

Here at Draco Studios we are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge dragon fans. And something tells us a lot of you are too.

So.... do you collect any dragons? 

Show them off! Wether those dragons are miniatures, paintings, drawings or sculptures, we would like you to tell us about them.

To get the ball rolling, this is a Pathfinder miniature that I painted recently. It was supposed to be a white dragon, but I already own a white dragon so made this one a blue dragon.

Sorry for the potato quality, someone borrowed my camera's SD card a while ago and hasn't given it back.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-11 at 4.02.25 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-11 at 4.02.29 PM.jpeg

Yes I am a huge fan of dragons and in fact my only tattoo is that of a winged serpentine dragon. I have a small collection right now and it is nothing to really take pics of because they are from a minis game. I do have a few that will soon be en-route to me from the last Bones Kickstarter and those I will hopefully get to painting...lol. I was not able to order any of the actual Dragons from your Kickstarter but may be upping my pledge to get the STL files just in case I do get a 3d printer... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ruben said:

Here at Draco Studios we are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge dragon fans. And something tells us a lot of you are too.

So.... do you collect any dragons? 

Well yes! Glad you asked! 

That blue dragons looks amazing! It's on my wishlist... after I manage to collect all those Red Moon ones. 😉

These are the ones I have on my bed side. I've had the Black for 9 years now, and the Pathfinder Green Dragon has been a recent addition. There's also the Red Pathfinder one still in the box until I manage to paint the green one, and a few little ones from the D&D/Attack Wing Series. Also, the Nolzur's Young Dragons are on pre-order at my local shop... this has been a good year!  

IMG_1321small.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hilasar said:

Well yes! Glad you asked! 

That blue dragons looks amazing! It's on my wishlist... after I manage to collect all those Red Moon ones. 😉

These are the ones I have on my bed side. I've had the Black for 9 years now, and the Pathfinder Green Dragon has been a recent addition. There's also the Red Pathfinder one still in the box until I manage to paint the green one, and a few little ones from the D&D/Attack Wing Series. Also, the Nolzur's Young Dragons are on pre-order at my local shop... this has been a good year!  

IMG_1321small.jpg

I have that green dragon as well! looking forward to painting it soon!

Hi there!

I  l😍ve dragons and have painted a lot over the past 20+ years. This is one of the latest I did:

pathfinderdragon01.jpg

pathfinderdragon07.jpg

Cheers

Dirk

Edited by Brushguy
  • Like 2

Not exactly my dragon, truth be told, but I've been playing with my GM's! (Those are my dice tho).

Kuxcoatl will be my first! ♡♡♡

///patiently waits for wave 5

20190412_235252.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brushguy said:

Hi there!

I  l😍ve dragons and have painted a lot over the past 20+ years. This is one of the latest I did:

pathfinderdragon01.jpg

pathfinderdragon07.jpg

Cheers

Dirk

The wings and the scales are just... wow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kamiderehime said:

Not exactly my dragon, truth be told, but I've been playing with my GM's! (Those are my dice tho).

Kuxcoatl will be my first! ♡♡♡

///patiently waits for wave 5

20190412_235252.jpg

Hope you didn't have to fight all of them at once. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Brushguy said:

Thank you, Ruben!  🙂

Like to see more?

Cheers

Dirk

Absolutely! Keep 'em coming

31 minutes ago, Brushguy said:

Ok, then here is a very old one. Painted over 20 years ago.

wdragon1.jpg

wdragon4.jpg

wdragon5.jpg

Cheers

Dirk

Can't wait to see what you can do with our dragons!

8 minutes ago, Ruben said:

Can't wait to see what you can do with our dragons!

Thank you, Ruben! 🙂

Well, it will take us around two years, to find out, I guess. 😄 I pledged for the whole 7 dragons! My first kickstarter, btw.

I hope I don't get disapointed. 😉 I will also add the whole set of busts. I just haven't found out how to do that, yet.

In the meantime I can show you more dragons. 😉 I am also working on the Kuxcoatl bust right now. Will post it, when I'm finished.

Here's another classic Ral Partha dragon:

durins1.jpg

durins3.jpg

Cheers

Dirk

Edited by Brushguy
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brushguy said:

Thank you, Ruben! 🙂

Well, it will take us around two years, to find out, I guess. 😄 I pledged for the whole 7 dragons! My first kickstarter, btw.

I hope I don't get disapointed. 😉 I will also add the whole set of busts. I just haven't found out how to do that, yet.

In the meantime I can show you more dragons. 😉 I am also working on the Kuxcoatl bust right now. Will post it, when I'm finished.

Here's another classic Ral Partha dragon:

durins1.jpg

durins3.jpg

Cheers

Dirk

Those are some nice highlights right there.

We'll do our best not to disappoint you, and I look forward to see your rendition of Kuxcoatl's bust

• Like 1

Good morning!

Thank you! I am sure, you guys do your best with all the love and passion yuo have for dragons. 😉

Here's another larger piece I painted up several times. Ral Partha's great golden Chaos Dragon:

chdrag04.jpg

chdrag05.jpg

chdrag03.jpg

A real heavyweight monster cast in metal.  Fortunately your dragons will come in resin and be much lighter. Resin is so much better than pewter.  🙂

Cheers

Dirk

Edited by Brushguy
  • Like 3

@Brushguy Those are amazing!!

I got a picture of my beloved Niv-Mizzet on my top shelf as well - I want to repaint him at some point should it be possible, but he's one of my favorite dragons around! ❤️ 

IMG_1324.JPG

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ruben said:

Niv-Mizzet is one of the greatest dragons ever. Have you seen the new card?

He is! And yes! I'm looking forward to the pre-release in a couple of weeks at my local game shop.

He's one of my absolute favorites,  I was very excited about how things turned out for him - it would have broken my heart otherwise! 🤣 

Hello!

Yes, Niv-Mizzet looks quite nice. Is there also an unpainted version of it? Like some of the other Wizz Kid figures.

Well, I have some more dragon goodness for you.  Also painted a long time ago, this is Ral Partha's armoured dragon.

armdrag3.jpgarmdrag4.jpg

armdrag5.jpg

armdrag6.jpg

Cheers

Dirk

• Like 1

I don't think there's any other unpainted niv-mizzet minatures, unfortunately. Personally I enjoy painting minis myseld so I usually don't buy prepainted. 

Great job with that draon, did you freehand those banners?

6 hours ago, Brushguy said:

Hello!

Yes, Niv-Mizzet looks quite nice. Is there also an unpainted version of it? Like some of the other Wizz Kid figures.

Well, I have some more dragon goodness for you.  Also painted a long time ago, this is Ral Partha's armoured dragon.

Unfortunately I don't think so, but if anyone finds one... please, please let us know!! 😂

I was hoping to either be able to remove the factory paint, or repaint over it. 

That armored dragon looks fantastic! Such detail!! 

Hi guys!

Yeah, I handpainted that rein. I also scratched that rein out of some wire and paper.

A few years ago I was commissioned with a second version. So I painted it blue this time. 🙂

armoured02.jpgarmoured04.jpg

armoured08.jpgarmoured013.jpg

Maybe some day I will paint another, updated version, reflecting my current skills.

Cheers

Dirk